How to prepare for the Nov. 7 and 8 training
Follow steps 1 - 5 below. This should take you approximately 1 hour.
1. Review the 7 Steps for Unpacking the CCR Standards behind tab 7 in your Mission Possible Toolkit.
2. Download the unpacked standards for Reading Anchor nine and Writing Anchor one.
DOWNLOAD UNPACKED STANDARDS HERE
Having trouble? From the link above, a window will open, click on the arrow that points down. This should download the MS Word file and open it. Still having difficulty? Click here.
3. Evaluate the unpacking on your own. Write down your observations. You will use these in an exercise the first morning of the training.
- What would you keep?
- What would you change?
5. Liz Lanphear, Kansas State GED Administrator and Academic Affairs Program Consultant, will provide Fall Event attendees GED updates on Thursday, November 7. All attendees are encouraged to send Liz ONE BURNING GED QUESTION by Monday, November, 4. Liz will answer all GED-related questions in El Dorado and give us the latest information! firstname.lastname@example.org
Training ScheduleThursday, November 7, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., lunch will be provided
Friday, November 8, 8:00 a.m to noon
Training LocationSue Choens, Director, Butler Community College Adult Education, has graciously agreed to host the November training. Thanks Sue!
Butler Community College
El Dorado Campus
901 S. Haverhill Rd.
El Dorado, KS
We will be meeting in the Clifford/Stone Community Room, in the Hubbard Welcome Center, Building 2000.
Visitor parking is limited. Sue has arranged for attendees to park in non-visitor parking without a permit. If you are ticketed, do one of the following:
- Give the ticket to Sue Choens who will forward it to the Police Chief for administrative dismissal, or
- Follow the instructions on the reverse side of the ticket and merely return with the “Visitor” indication marked, and it will be summarily dismissed by our parking control representative, Katherine Perez.
Do not park in restricted areas or handicapped parking.
Resources from this training will be posted during the training.